Posted On: February 15, 2019
There’s nothing better than a job you love. If you enjoy your work, it’s not work. It’s fun and excitement all rolled into one. That’s what we bring to the table. A deep love of architecture, that’s truly contagious.
We are currently seeking a full-time, experienced Interior Designer to join our Des Moines, Iowa team. The ideal candidate will have experience in one of CMBA’s main project sectors – healthcare and/or K-12 education.
Candidates must be outgoing, independent and passionate about design – creativity is in our mission statement! You will be immersed in a fun, collaborative working environment with an amazing team of creative professionals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of interior design and planning principles
- Proven experience in space planning, creating interior details, interior finish and FF&E selections
- Demonstrated client relation and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task on several projects
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Meet with industry product representatives to stay current on interior design trends
- Must have excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Interior Design (CIDA accredited program)
- 5+ years of experience required, Healthcare and/or K-12 education projects preferred
- Proficiency in Revit and Adobe Creative Suite programs
- NCIDQ certificate holder or plans to be in near future
Send a cover letter, resume and online portfolio to Kristi Ploen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT CMBA ARCHITECTS
CMBA is a progressive firm with new and exciting ideas. We have four Iowa and Nebraska locations. We have a collaborative, fun work environment and are committed to pushing the boundaries of excellence and creativity.
At CMBA, our team culture is extremely important to us…here are just a few of the perks:
Jeans. Yes, we can wear them every day with our “smart casual” dress code!
Friday Afternoons. Who wants to work on a Friday afternoon during the Summer? Not us! CMBA has a flexible schedule year-round, with Friday afternoons off in the Summer to enjoy our friends and family.
Team Building. We host a variety of monthly activities to put a little fun into our day – mini golf, charades and balloon battles – just to name a few!
Join the Family. Family is important to us – your family and our CMBA Family. Many of our employees site their relationships with their coworkers as the best part of their job. We also understand the importance of a work/life balance and that’s why we have a flexible schedule year-round.